UPCOMING SOCIETY SHOW AND SALE
Saturday 22nd February – Tullamore Mart, Co. Offaly
Show 10.30 am / Sale 12.30 pm
49 Bulls catalogued
All bulls are Genotyped, Myostatin tested and Pre-sale inspected
All bulls are fertility tested and fertility insured
The purchasers of the three highest priced bulls will each receive a voucher for 30 bags of Greenvale Animal Feed
Deferred payment scheme option in place, only pay one third of the price of the bull on the day of sale, please contact the Charolais Office to avail of this
Tullamore February Sale Catalogue – Download PDF Catalogue
The 2020 World Charolais Congress takes place in Australia from the the 5th - 15th August. There are Pre and Post Tours also available. Click on the link below for the Itinerary and Registration forms.
North Eastern Charolais Club AGM will take place on Wednesday the 26th of February at 8 pm in the Virginia Show Centre. Guest speakers on the night. Refreshments will be served, everyone welcome.
- To help maintain and develop viable and profitable suckler herds going forward to 2030 and beyond.
- To provide an opportunity for carbon neutral suckler beef to become a recognised quality product worldwide.
- To highlight the fact that Irish suckler farmers can work with and help develop a way to promote our special quality beef, while working within carbon neutral standards to 2030 and beyond.
- Their proposals include recommendations for the necessary steps that will need to be addressed regarding, climate change, carbon emissions from the suckler beef sector, suckler beef prices, suckler beef branding and marketing as a premium product, rural Ireland sustainable, changing trends in people’s diets, carbon natural beef and producer groups. The next round of CAP payments.
- Listed below are the the points their proposals are based around.
- Creating Carbon Neutral farms with some advancing to A1 status.
- Honouring Ireland’s responsibilities and commitments on carbon emissions targets from the suckler beef industry.
- Providing the new Cap plan with a golden opportunity for the beef sector.
- Improving water quality.
- Reducing Ammonia levels.
- Improving animal welfare.
- Ensuring Ireland’s youth and their children will inherit a healthy countryside and environment.
- Copper fastening Ireland’s green image worldwide.
- Excelling Carbon Neutral Irish suckler beef to a new all time high on learning world markets.
- Protecting family farms and rural Irish life from extinction by ensuring a viable income.
- Demonstrating to and reassuring environmentalists that Carbon Neutral suckler beef is in no way harmful to the environment.
- A new initiative that will re-energise the suckler beef sector.