Overall winner from 2019 sent in by Gerard Callaghan, Tonroe Charolais
Once again the Society is running its annual photographic competition for this year’s Charolais Yearbook and Calendar. In recent year's we have received some eye catching photograph's which have been to the forefront of Society publications.
If you think you have pictures of your Charolais cattle that may be suitable, please send them in to us. The winners will receive an official Charolais Society Jacket and have their picture included in this year’s annual Charolais Yearbook and Calendar.
Entries close on Friday the 28th of August 2020.
Please submit your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that if you submit a picture, suitable pictures will be used for promotion of the breed and for caption competitions etc. The winning pictures will also be published on our Website, Facebook, and Twitter pages. Below are other prize winners from recent years.
For the first time the North Eastern Charolais Club will run a herd’s competition in 2020. Judging of the competition will take place from the 17th August to the 21st August, by an independent judge selected by the club. The closing date for entries will be Friday the 17th July. Entries can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to David Magee, Ardlougher, Ballyconnell, Co. Cavan. The competition will be split into two sections -
- 5 to 15 Cows (Minimum of 5 calves registered includes embryos)
- 15+ Cows
Sections are based on 2019 registrations
Categories - 1st 2nd + 3rd in each Section
- Best Cow with Calf at foot
- Best Bull under 2 years old
- Best Heifer under 3 years old
- Best Bull Calf born after 1st Sep 2019
- Best Heifer Calf born after 1st Sep 2019
- Best Group of Calves under a year old
- Entry fee is €30 per herd and must be sent in with the completed entry form. All entrants must be paid up members of the North Eastern Charolais Club and the Irish Charolais Cattle Society
- All stock must be located at the one location for inspection
- Awards night will take place in the Autumn
Download Entry Form Here - North Eastern Charolais Club Herds Competition - Entry Form