To ensure the smooth running of our Sale of Charolais Heifers in Tullamore Mart on Saturday the 14th November, we would be grateful if you would read and take note of the following points.
- IN-TAKE TIMES FOR CATTLE: Friday 13th November from 5 pm – 7 pm and Saturday 14th November from 7 am – 9 am. These times must be strictly adhered to.
- Following inspection, exhibitors will bring their heifer into its allocated area at the Stewards request. Exhibitors must remain at their Stall with their animal/animals at all times.
- Washing facilities will not be accessible.
- When all animals are in their allocated stalls – physically distanced, a parade of heifers will take place in the showing area at 9.30 am. Each exhibitor will lead their animal around the ring in catalogue order, in groups of 10. Every exhibitor is asked to wear a white coat or a white shirt. This will be supervised by the Secretary of the Society and will be videoed by Tricia Kennedy, who will post it online for potential buyers to view. It will be made available on Tricia Kennedy’s and the Irish Charolais Cattle Society’s Facebook pages that morning. No one will be allowed access to the showing area only the exhibitor and their animal. Social distancing will be adhered to at all times.
- When this is complete, registered buyers will be allocated times to view the Stock from 10.45 am – 12.30 pm. This will be carried out under the supervision of stewards. Viewing is by appointment only, please contact Tullamore Mart on 0579321196 to arrange a viewing time. When this is complete, all buyers must leave the premises.
- At 12.45 pm the Sale will commence; each exhibitor will lead their animal into the Sales ring in Catalogue order. Buyers can bid for the heifers though the Mart’s Online System. Buyers must register with Tullamore Mart prior to the Sale to arrange this.
- Social Distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Please note only exhibitors, registered buyers and mart/society staff will be permitted entry at all times.
- Face coverings are mandatory for everyone attending the sale.
- Public Toilets will be open with appropriate signage regarding hand hygiene at the toilet entrance.
- A take away service will be available from the Canteen.
- Sales Cards and Office Work will be kept to a minimum with social distancing restrictions in place and the Office Staff will communicate with the Buyer after purchasing each lot.
- Each exhibitor will load their heifer/heifers for the buyer in the loading area after the heifer is sold, under the supervision of stewards. The buyer will only be permitted entry to the loading area at this time.
- If you have a good picture of your sale entry and you would like to email it to us, we will be happy to put it up on-line before the Sale. Please Email it to : email@example.com
- Catalogue for the sale is available here – Download PDF Catalogue
50 Heifers Catalogued
All heifers are export tested & eligible for export on the day
All heifers are Vet inspected & pre-sale inspected
All heifers are genotyped, sire verified & myostatin tested
The purchasers of the three highest priced heifers will each receive a €250 premium
Free first-time membership with the Society for any first-time buyers at the sale
Free transport available to Northern Ireland & the UK mainland from this sale